Instagram is one of the fastest growing social media platforms in 2016. With over 5 million active Australian monthly users posting 10 million pieces of content every day, Instagram presents a huge marketing opportunity especially for small and home based businesses.
Here are just some reasons marketing on Instagram is beneficial:
- Instagram content is visual
- Visuals are processed 60,000 times faster in the brain than text
- 40% of consumers respond better to visual information than plain text
- 90%of information transmitted to the brain is visual
- 93% of all human communication is nonverbal
- Your consumers will respond better to visuals because people remember 80% of what they read, 20% of what they read and 10% of what they heard (Source: www.buzzoid.com)
- Instagram’s user base and engagement is massive, which means you can gain a huge following & fan-base on your account
- This will mean more traffic to your website
- Which could mean more sales and conversions for you
- It could also mean free sign ups or subscribers
- Big retail brands are flocking to Instagram – follow the masses
- 90% of Branded Companies now have an Instagram Account
- 10 Most popular retailers on Instagram by follower count are Nike, Adidas, Michael Kors, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Dior, Christian Louboutin , D&G, Gucci (Source: www.buzzoid.com)
- Instagram Australian User Profile
- 70% of users are between 18 and 34 years of age
- 60% of all uses are female
- 70% of users are active everyday (Source: Techly.com.au)
- Advertising on Instagram is easy, cheap and highly targeted.
- Visuals capture and sustain our attention
- Utilises Facebooks audience targeting options
- Connect with customers across multiple channels, Instagram, Facebook, Website
As you can see using Instagram as a marketing tool can be very beneficial, if fact can you afford not to be on Instagram?
I hope you have found this article useful. If you have any questions or comments, don’t forget to leave them in form below and I’ll reply.
If you’d like to work with Social Elucidation for all your digital marketing needs email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0403 323 833. I’d love to work with you!